* Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-018
* Project: RESTful
* Version: 7.x
* Date: 2017-February-15
* Security risk: 11/25 ( Moderately Critical)
* Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module enables you to build a RESTful API for your Drupal site.
The restful_token_auth module (a sub-module) doesn't validate the status of
users when logging them in. This results in a blocked user being able to
operate normally with the RESTful actions, even after being blocked.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must be in
possession of the credentials of a previously blocked user. It is also
mitigated by the attacker only will have the access corresponding to the
roles of the blocked user. Finally this only affects sites that use the
* RESTful 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.8.
* RESTful 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.16.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed RESTful
module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
* If you use the restful_token_auth sub-module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to
RESTful 7.x-1.8 or RESTful 7.x-2.16
Also see the RESTful project page.