Drupion is opening its doors to job seekers looking to work for the rapidly growing Drupal and WordPress-centric hosting company.
Tech Support Engineers
Things you must love:
- Dealing with Servers
- Solving technical issues
- Interfacing with customers
Things you must have:
- BA in CS/IT or similar qualification
- At least a year in a customer-facing Linux System Administrator technical role
- Valid work permit (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Be local, ideally in San Jose, CA or surrounding areas
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
Experience/knowledge/familiarity you must have: (please elaborate in your cover letter)
- Drupal, WordPress, LAMP stack, Virtualmin/Webmin, Varnish, Memcache, Storage Systems
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, KVM virtualization
- Know what SaaS and PaaS are and how they can help customers in a Cloud offering.
- Security compliance history and mastery of Linux RedHat command line.
- Knowledge with OS, network security and F5 loadbalancing (firewalls and system hardening)
Things you will learn on the job:
- Company products and services
- Drupal and WordPress specific hosting
- Server hardware maintenance
Things you'll be doing:
- Investigating, researching, resolving issues reported by customers
- Performing installations and configurations on servers
- Monitoring servers and software for performance, disk storage management, memory
- Performing analysis of the Red Hat based Linux environment and identifying methods to improve efficiency and enhance customer support.
- Developing Scripts and great ideas to automate system deployment to scale infrastructure
- Dealing with 24/7 global data centers, third party vendors and suppliers
- Collaborating with other technical and non-technical team members
- Preparing internal reports
- Tracking industry trends and news and providing input for enhancing security and scalability
What's in it for you:
- Growth opportunity
- Free on-the-job training
- Competitive pay
- Casual work environment
- Flexibility to work remotely
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
Drupion is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.